Look, people, it’s this simple:
- You can opt out any time.
- You can get five computers with three web browsers on each and delete cookies and search as 15 different strangers if you’re that paranoid.
- Google is only collecting data and saving it to target marketing. That’s been the cornerstone of capitalism since the invention of money.
- All this data will consist of is your interests, and guess at your gender and age. It doesn’t steal your credit card or anything.
- Some of us (blog writers, for instance) have interests that aren’t going to make sense to a tracking algorithm anyway.
OK? Can everybody quit panicking?